Welcome to AFGF Youth!
Every young person needs to belong. We work together to ensure that each young person knows that they matter, they belong, and they can pursue Jesus. The youth are the future of the world and of the church. If you have a young person in your family and would love to have him or her part of the youth experience, please contact the church for more information. We would love to have your child part of the exciting things happening here at Alabama Full Gospel Fellowship.
13 Ways Children’s Ministry Benefits Kids
- It promotes their eternal happiness. I want my kids to find indestructible joy in Christ.
- It helps them make sense out of life. Only understanding who made the world, what went wrong and God’s plan to fix it can explain this world we all experience.
- It’s their best chance to accept Christ. Research has proven that kids tend to be more receptive to the Gospel than any other age group. I want my children to have every opportunity to believe in Jesus.
- It helps avoid some negative outcomes of sin. Only God’s grace can change our hearts, but knowing the consequences of disobeying God is often a wake up call. When children understand the great price that Jesus paid for their salvation, they are more likely to stay on the way of the righteous.
- It can help counter balance worldly influences. Everyone knows the harmful influences present in our society. Kids need positive influences to tip the scale.
It can help them learn to love others. The 2nd greatest commandment is to love your neighbor. We must teach this as a way of life, because it doesn’t comes naturally.
- It is something fun to do. Do you know who invented fun? God did. Do you know why? For his own glory. While entertainment and fun seeking can become an idol, we should not think God is against fun.
- It helps kids want to come to church. There is nothing wrong with having a program that appeals to the interests of children, especially when it brings more children to hear the Gospel.
- It helps them make new friends. Some of the best ones children will ever make is in the church.
- It helps discover and intervene in abusive home situations. This is something we rarely address. But the church is often one of the few safe places on Earth for abused children.
- It helps children get to know their pastors. One of the best ways for ministers to connect with younger families is by working in the children’s programs.
- It gives kids meaningful keepsakes. Those VBS and Sunday school crafts often become prized possessions. The Bible verses on their keepsakes will remind them of what they have learned for years to come.
- It gives children special memories. Think back to when you were a child in Sunday school. Can you remember a special teacher or event?
- It allows them to make friends with adult volunteers in safe context. In our culture child safety is a constant concern, and rightly so. But there is still great value in kids finding adult mentors in the church.
Meeting Time – 6:30 to 7:30 pm
- Pre – K through 6th grade
- 7th through 12th grade