Ministries At the Lighthouse
Sunday Morning Corporate Worship
Come join us each Sunday morning for a time of worship starting at 10:30 am. We emphasize personal and intimate worship so that you can experience God’s powerful presence.
Our Worship Team
- Pastor Russell Peters – Vocals, Acoustic and Electric Guitars
- Sue Gibson – Vocals, Piano
- Jordan Gawne – Vocals
- Bill Cravatta Jr. – Keyboards, Vocals
- John Olosky – Electric Guitar
- Charlie Hetrick – Bass, Sound Engineering
- Dylan Dixon– Drums and Percussion
Christian Education Hour – Sunday Mornings
Classes begin at 9:30 am
Sunday school fulfills one of the roles for teaching Christian values to children and adults. It teaches us all what is OK behaviorally and what is not. We learn the best attributes of appropriate actions towards others. It also helps make sense of the world around us and answer questions in ways secular society cannot. Join Us Each Sunday and discover a deeper walk with Christ.
Wednesday Family Night!
Join us each Wednesday night before Youth Group and Prayer Services for dinner together. No need to worry about fixing dinner and rushing to church. Come and join us before all of the activities begin each Wednesday night at Family Night beginning at 6:00 pm.
Wednesday Night Prayer Service
Do you have prayer requests? We have a weekly Intercessory Prayer Service every Wednesday night from 6:30-7:30 with the pastor of Alabama Full Gospel Fellowship. We share your prayer needs and give praise reports.
We welcome you to join us.
Wednesday Night Youth Groups
Children are the future. Children are not the future church. They Are the Church! In Mark chapter 10 verses 13-14 we read, “People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”
13 Ways Children’s Ministry Benefits Kids
- It promotes their eternal happiness. I want my kids to find indestructible joy in Christ.
- It helps them make sense out of life. Only understanding who made the world, what went wrong and God’s plan to fix it can explain this world we all experience.
- It’s their best chance to accept Christ. Research has proven that kids tend to be more receptive to the Gospel than any other age group. I want my children to have every opportunity to believe in Jesus.
- It helps avoid some negative outcomes of sin. Only God’s grace can change our hearts, but knowing the consequences of disobeying God is often a wake up call. When children understand the great price that Jesus paid for their salvation, they are more likely to stay on the way of the righteous.
- It can help counter balance worldly influences. Everyone knows the harmful influences present in our society. Kids need positive influences to tip the scale.
It can help them learn to love others. The 2nd greatest commandment is to love your neighbor. We must teach this as a way of life, because it doesn’t comes naturally.
- It is something fun to do. Do you know who invented fun? God did. Do you know why? For his own glory. While entertainment and fun seeking can become an idol, we should not think God is against fun.
- It helps kids want to come to church. There is nothing wrong with having a program that appeals to the interests of children, especially when it brings more children to hear the Gospel.
- It helps them make new friends. Some of the best ones children will ever make is in the church.
- It helps discover and intervene in abusive home situations. This is something we rarely address. But the church is often one of the few safe places on Earth for abused children.
- It helps children get to know their pastors. One of the best ways for ministers to connect with younger families is by working in the children’s programs.
- It gives kids meaningful keepsakes. Those Sunday school crafts often become prized possessions. The Bible verses on their keepsakes will remind them of what they have learned for years to come.
- It gives children special memories. Think back to when you were a child in Sunday school. Can you remember a special teacher or event?
- It allows them to make friends with adult volunteers in safe context. In our culture child safety is a constant concern, and rightly so. But there is still great value in kids finding adult mentors in the church.
As your child takes part in the exciting things happening here at Alabama Full Gospel Fellowship, their faith grows in Christ. If you have a young person in your family and would love to have them as a part of youth group meetings, we invite your child to take part in the exciting things happening here at Alabama Full Gospel Fellowship.
Meeting Time – 6:30 to 7:30 pm
- Pre – K through 6th grade
- 7th through 12th grade
Come Together Cafe
Come Together Cafe meets every 1st and 3rd Friday from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Please check the church monthly calendar for updates.
Come Together Cafe is a great place for everyone to hang out and enjoy time together. We have pool tables, ping-pong, air hockey, Foosball and video games. There’s a great menu of food to order like chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, fries, healthy snacks and specialty coffees. Contact the church for more information. You don’t want to miss out!!